Freedom Group Leader Application
Please read and review the Freedom Leader Honor Code below and check the box above that you have agreed.
When you become a leader at Freedom Church, you're committing to live your life at a higher standard. As a leader, it's especially important that you pursue learning and growth throughout your lifetime and demonstrate mature behavior as a follower of Christ. The Bible is our foundation for what it means to be mature in our thoughts, words and actions. When you assume responsibility for leading others, and take on the title of "leader", you must remember that your behavior and reputation represent Freedom Church and the body of Christ. For this reason, it's important that all leaders are aligned with our church beliefs and core values. For clarity, some specific examples are listed below.
Standards: We ask that you:
- Strive to demonstrate Biblical standards in speech and attitude in all situations.
- Maintain a daily time of prayer.
- Read your Bible and apply His Word to your actions.
- Present a clean appearance.
Behaviors: We expect that you refrain from:
- Overindulgence of alcoholic beverages
- Dishonest activity
- Illegal drugs
- Sexual immorality
- Illegal activities (anything contrary to local, state or federal laws)
- Any and all behaviors that do not line up with the Word of God
Environments: We will be responsible and honor Christ and our Church by:
- Maintaining alcohol-free environments for Freedom Group gatherings and meetings. This means not meeting in venues that are specifically intended for alcohol consumption (bars) or allowing alcohol to be brought into the environment we lead.
- Maintaining tobacco-free environments for Freedom Group gatherings and meetings.
- Creating positive social media environments by being mindful and aware of our effects of what we post on social media. (As a leader, your posts represent not only yourself, but His church as well. Seek to be a positive voice and reflection of Christ through your social platforms.)
I realize that by accepting this "Leadership Commitment Honor Code", I am not merely adopting a list of "don'ts" that are restrictive and legalistic. Instead I am agreeing to to show that God has freed me to live in ways that reflect the life-changing grace that only Jesus can bring. I am a new creation who gives evidence that God accepts me where I am, but loves me so much that He won't let me stay there!